Agrifood companies across Europe plans TRACK is a European Project co-funded by the COSME programme (Europe’s programme for small and medium-sized enterprises, aims to make it easier for SMEs to access finance in all phases of their lifecycle-creation, expansion, or business transfer.) (EU) to create interregional agrifood ecosystems. TRACK’s main goal is to map the opportunities to develop and strengthen data collection and big data in the European agrifood chain with a view to increase the competitiveness of its SMEs. In doing this, TRACK is at the crossroad of two European Smart Specialization Platforms: the Industrial Modernization Platform and the Agrifood Platform on Traceability and Big Data.
Five European agrifood clusters from France (VEGEPOLYS), Romania (AgroTransilvania Cluster), Spain (CTA), The Netherlands (Greenport West-Holland) and Italy (Agrifood Clust-ER) cooperate in the project.
Are you an SME (Small and Medium size Enterprise) offering ICT and data processing solutions? Is agrifood a target sector for your firm?
TRACK aims at better equipping entrepreneurs to face the challenges and opportunities of Agriculture 4.0 including by fostering cross-border transfer of knowledge and experience between entrepreneurs.
TRACK is open to two types of SMEs:
- ICT SMEs offering solutions of at least TRL4 to 5 (Technology Readiness Level) with no previous experience of collaborating or selling to the agrifood sector;
- ICT SMEs offering solutions of at least TRL4 to 5 with previous experience of dealing with the agrifood sector and with an interest to gain further knowledge of the sector.
If you fir one of these two profiles, TRACK offers advisory services to help you deploy and adapt your business model to the needs of the agrifood sector, through:
- A training programme to help your firm acquire specific knowledge of the commercial practice and technology needs of firms of the agrifood sector;
- Support to internationalizing business plans in the agrifood sector. Depending on the specific needs of each supported SMEs, TRACK will support:
- The identification of networks portfolio;
- The mapping of international markets prospective;
- The preparation of investors’ rounds;
- The preparation of B2B agendas with potential clients;
- The preparation of applications for transnational RDTI calls for projects.
We will select a total of 10 promising ICT SMEs amongst the applications received from all the TRACK partners countries through the assessment of their solutions and their initial Business Plan, focusing on how they intend to enter or increase their share of activities in the Agrifood sector and their capabilities to implement that Plan.
The TRACK Call of Interest will open on 1 April 2019 and it will close on 31 May 2019.
If you are interested in participating, contact us in as partners in our clusters or send an email to [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!